Everyone at the office knows that Tina starts her day with a half cup each of granola, yogurt, and fruit.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast as it is packed with the sweet flavor of apple and tasty fall spices.
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup honey
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 2/3 cup rolled oats
1 ¼ cup sliced almonds
1 cup golden raisins
2 cups Fuji apples, peeled and chopped into small diced pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the syrup, honey, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Mix until blended.
- Stir in the oats, almonds, raisins, and apples.
- Spread mixture evenly onto the two baking sheets and place in oven. Stir every 10 minutes and bake for about 30 minutes (until it’s a golden-brown color).
- Let the granola cool on the baking sheets and then store in an airtight container.
–Tina Kauffman, Director of Operations